COVID-19 Production Precautions
As we all know the world has been flipped upside down over the past months. With states opening back up, we wanted to be sure that our team is safely prepared for your production. Fortunately, being creative problem solvers whilst making great content under any circumstance is a huge part of our line of work, so we consider ourselves highly prepared. The process will be different from before, but we’ve put together the following set of guidelines to ensure we maintain the utmost safety for our clients and crew alike:
- Castings will be done remotely via modeling agency submissions.
- We suggest picking a Hero and at least TWO backups in case any health issues arise.
- Hero and backup talent will be contacted the day before they need to be on set to confirm health and availability.
- Private locations will require cleaning crews before and after shooting.
- ONLY essential personnel will be allowed at a private location to eliminate the possibility of spreading the virus.
- Ample time will need to be given if wardrobe and/or props need to be shopped for the shoot.
- All rented wardrobe will be cleaned before and after use.
- Please note that some vendors will no longer accept returns.
- Please consider designating specific props to specific talent to eliminate cross-contamination.
It will be super important to consider reasonable shot counts for each shoot day in order to account for the potentially shorter/slower days.
- Everyone on the call sheet will have specific arrival times and will be checked in accordingly. This will involve temperature checks, a health questionnaire sign off and liability waivers.
- We request that everyone bring their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to set. However, we have acquired extra masks and gloves that we can provide to anyone that needs them.
- Hand Sanitizer and wipes will be placed around the set to make sure everyone is able to safely sanitize throughout the shoot.
- Each department will have a designated area to provide space for social distancing. We understand that this will be challenging but also essential. This means the following:
- Only the Digitech will be behind the computer. A monitor or iPad will be provided to the client for their area. If a client would like to remotely attend, a livestream of the shoot can be provided. Additionally, a web link to photos will be provided during the shoot to make selects and notes.
- Assistants will be the only ones with the ability to handle grip and equipment.
- Makeup Artist and Stylists will both have their own designated areas as well. Precautions include but are not limited to:
- Only one talent in the makeup/stylist area at a time.
- Separate kits for each talent.
- Labeling to eliminate cross contamination.
- Disposable Applicators.
- Full face shield worn by MUA during application.
- Each department will be in charge of cleaning and disinfecting their equipment each day.
- Unfortunately, everyone should be prepared to bring their own coffee, drinks and other snacks. Because of issues of proximity, there will be no snack table to eliminate the possibility of contamination.
- Meals will be sourced from a restaurant where meals will be individually packaged for distribution. This will also most likely mean a “French Lunch” where individuals break away to eat while also maintaining social distance.
We understand these are lengthy and somewhat stern precautions, but our highest priority is the safety of everyone on set, and our loved ones when we return home. As we all know, each and every shoot is different. We will do everything in our power to adjust each production to fit those needs while also staying safe and healthy. Please feel free to reach out with any questions and we look forward to working with you soon!